I am registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) as an existential psychotherapist and I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I am a member of the Society for Existential Analysis. I was a member of the Professional Conduct Committee for the UKCP between 2012 and 2015.
I trained at the School of Psychotherapy and Counselling at Regent's College, London for over 5 years and gained an MA in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling and an Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy.
I have worked in the caring professions in the public and voluntary sectors for over 25 years including:
I have extensive therapeutic experience of working with all types of issues.
- at Turning Point as a Drug and Alcohol counsellor for three and a half years
- with young people including a year as a counsellor in a secondary school
- as a Clinical Manager for a counselling service in North London
- as a counsellor offering telephone based support for employees for a Employment Assisted Programme (EAP)
- training and coaching staff in the public sector to realise and maximise their potential.
Specialisms and interests
I am particularly interested in the area of addictive behaviour. I completed my Masters dissertation on the exploration of individuals' relationship with exercise and when and if this can be addictive. I am interested in the link between physical and emotional health.